Whether you manage a brand page or your own personal page on Facebook, sometimes you need a team of people who can edit and publish content, look at information about your followers, and more.
Once you’ve created a page, Facebook lets you add people to your page with different levels of permissions. The role with the most permissions is known as an admin. Here’s how to add an admin to your page.
1. Go to your Facebook page. On the left sidebar menu, scroll down and click “Settings.”
2. This will take you to the general Page Settings menu. On the left sidebar menu, scroll down and click “Page roles.”
3. In the “Assign a New Page Role” section, start typing the name of the person you want to assign to the page. The dropdown menu will offer you suggestions and you can choose the person you want from there.
4. Click the box next to their name to reveal a dropdown menu of role options.
5. In the dropdown list, select the “Admin” option. A reminder will pop up that reads: “If you’re adding a new admin to your Page, please keep in mind that they’ll have the same permission as you do to make changes to this Page.”
6. Once you have the right name, click “Add.” Facebook will then prompt you to re-enter your password to make sure it’s you that is making the change.
7. Under “Existing Page Roles,” the person’s name will now show up with a red “pending” message next to it.
8. Once the person receives the notification, they can accept and their role will show up under the “Existing Page Roles” section. This shows you each person on your page, categorized by their permissions. For example, you can have one person under admin and one person under editor.
You can also use this menu to edit the permissions for each person on your page. So if you have someone as an Editor already, you can change them to admin by clicking on the “Edit” option.
When you click “Edit,” a dropdown menu will appear that lets you choose another role for that person. This way, there’s no need to re-add them to your page. You can also use this part of the menu to remove people from your page.